Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2017

Fuerteventura

Feeling refuelled, re-energized and ready to get back to life in England after a fun week away, in the sun, with my beautiful family.  The Canary islands have been on my radar for a while, and so off we went, to see the glorious volcanic atmosphere and play on the fine white sand while watching the Atlantic ocean hit the sometimes rocky shores. The water was freezing, but that didn't stop us from swimming.

The resort we stayed at had breathtaking grounds and views of the sea. It took me over a week to find the right hotel, going back and forth between more kid friendly accommodations versus luxury. It was important for us to find both, and we did, 
even though we ventured out most days.

Amari continues to say the favorite part of his trip was the glass bottom boat and seeing all the fish. The fact that he even has a favorite memory from the trip makes me feel like we accomplished what we set out to do.

Every night he couldn't wait for mini disco and to watch whatever entertainment they would have that same evening.

We hiked a volcano, fed giraffes and camels, hiked and ran down sand dunes and still had time to relax by the pool.

As parents we want our children to have the best childhood and to me that includes memories of travel. My earliest memory was at 3 years old, some of my fondest memories being traveling parts of the world with my family.  I want Amari to have the same, and to experience so much excitement abroad, that he can't help but have it stored in his memory bank.

Amari was born  in Canada, but now lives in the United Kingdom, though has been back to Canada for holiday. He has explored Namibia, America, France, Trinidad, Hungary and now the Canaries. I pray that we are able to continue traveling the world while educating our son and having fun. 

" Education is the most powerful weapon which you  can use to change the world."  - Nelson Mandela-

No comments:

Post a Comment