Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

What Happens If Your Career Needs To Change?

I recently posted a picture of Jessica Alba and her family on my Hunny Hive instagram account @the_hunny_hive because she is a fantastic example on how sometimes you have to take a step back from your current career in order to nurture your new role as a mother. Jessica Alba was a very successful film and television actress, but after giving birth to her daughter Honor and then Hayes, you didn't see much of her at all. Behind the scenes, she was building a business based on her new role as a mother. Something she could do from home, something she believed in and something that worked with her lifestyle. So became the Honest company, named after her daughter Honor.

Having children can inspire other passions within you and it's ok to explore them. If you find yourself drifting away from your previous career goals, that's ok.

Sometimes you are still very much passionate about your work life but can't balance both the current career and parenthood and so need to be open to other opportunities that may not have been previously appealing. This is ok as well, and could be an exciting opportunity to explore new life goals that come with being a parent.

Nothing in life ever has to be final, and so if one career position transitions into another, it doesn't mean you can't ever transition back. Anything is possible.

I started this blog because the challenges of becoming a mother in the entertainment industry were really hard. I am still struggling at times. Though I love being a mom, I do sometimes get down due to the fact that I have less time for my career, my hustle can't be as strong not having the time and freedom I had before. This however is the life I chose, and I couldn't imagine life without my babies. I also believe that I am a better artist having had children and failure is just not an option. I have had to take on other jobs, like teaching on the weekend and giving private singing lessons in order to give my children the best life, but I will never stop making music.

Keep your vision strong and open your mind to other opportunities, but never give up on your dreams.

Love

HunnyB



No comments:

Post a Comment