Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2018

Going Back to Work With a Newborn

On February 2nd 2018, my life changed for the better. I was blessed with another healthy baby boy. Two weeks after his birth, I made the decision to go back to my Saturday teaching job . Granted, I am self- employed, don't work full time hours, and love my job, which of course makes it easier.

Four weeks after giving birth, I went back to recording music. Five weeks after birth, I put myself on tape for a film audition, as I was requested by the production company.

Mid April I will go back to teaching more days, and begin rehearsals for a musical.

Some people think I'm crazy, and maybe I am, but I see no reason why I can't do it all. Taking time off is important for sure, and many mothers embrace this time. Don't get me wrong, I am still taking in every moment with my newborn - soaking up his smell, his noises, his facial expressions, his warmth. I am just not mentally equipped to stop working. When you love your work, it's hard to pull away. Continuing to do what I love helps me stay sane, and in turn I'm a better mommy to my boys. It can be overwhelming at times, but very rewarding.

I get asked how I juggle work and motherhood. The key is having a strong support system. I am lucky to have this in my husband and other family members. I am also very lucky to have some employers who are flexible and allow me to bring the new baby if need be.

The truth is, it's not easy. However it can be done. So many women in my business, entertainment, decide to not have babies, putting their careers first, and then when they change their minds, it's too late. It is possible to have it all ladies. It's hard work, but we women are capable of the unimaginable.

Stay Strong, Do What you Love, Challenge Yourself, Believe Anything Is Possible.

Love
HunnyB


No comments:

Post a Comment