Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

NHS Pee Cups

Being pregnant is awesome. Well for me it is, until I have to see the midwife or doctor and I'm asked to urinate in a vial.  Yes, a vial. Not just any vial, but the smallest vial you could think of. I don't understand why in the UK they give you such tiny tubes to pee in. I mean, it's impossible not to pee all over your hands. Gross, right? I know, but it's reality. In Canada, at least urine cups are 'CUPS.'


I remember the first time they gave me 'the vial' and said please bring this back, I looked at it like, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

Even after having urinated in this narrow tube several times, I am no better at it. It terrifies me every single time. I'm still trying to figure out the trick. Do I sit? Do I squat? Is there a trick? The worst part is that when you get bigger, peeing in the vial gets harder...you can't see a thing.

You might think, why is HunnyB blogging about this. Well, I honestly believe the NHS need to make a change. The NHS need to make several changes, but why not start with the pee cups.

I am sorry about my crude rant, but I need to be honest about this horrible issue. Who else is going to speak up about it? All you mommies are nodding your heads, saying, "Yes, It's so true," but never dare say anything.

Well, it's time the truth be told. These petite pee tubes aka 'the vial' have got to go.

Tune in for my next blog as I promise it will be more biscotti and less grotty.

Love HunnyB








No comments:

Post a Comment