Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Summer Holiday Challenge

I can't believe my last post was in January. I am so sorry for not keeping you all up to date, however I have been hard at work re-writing my screenplay 'Feel The Beat.' Obviously, so much has happened since January. We travelled to Canada and spent much needed quality time with friends and family. It was amazing to see all the cousins bond like they did. Amari still asks for his cousins, and wants them to jump on a plane, immediately, to visit him too.

Amari has also graduated from preschool and will start reception (kindergarten) in September. He will have just turned four, so I am feeling a little emotional that my baby is growing up so fast.

Summer holidays have begun, and I vowed to myself that I would make Amari's summer the most fun yet. I don't know about you, but I still remember my summer holidays as a child, some more than others, but they were important to me. I know that many activities can be expensive, so my challenge this summer, is to see how many free things we can do that will still leave a mark in that fun memory bank of his. So far I am not doing so well, as this week we have done more things that cost money versus things that don't.

The wonderful thing about where we live, is that we have a free swimming pool (the lake), and many parks, as well as places to go that will allow for fun, free learning. I know this will be tough, and a little money will have to be spent here and there, but the challenge is to spend as little as possible, or nothing at all. I have a feeling that I may not win this challenge, as I love adventure, and exploring new activities in new places.

Sometimes, if I am lucky, I can find great attractions that allow children 3 and under to go free, so I only have to pay for myself. This, to me, is almost winning. It's like a half win so I would accept those activities as well.

If anyone has any awesome ideas, in order to help me stay on track, they would be welcomed with open arms.

Let the summer holiday challenge begin.

http://www.kentlive.news/45-things-you-can-do-for-free-in-kent-this-summer/story-30406242-detail/story.html

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/32-free-things-see-around-9758274

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/family-activities/31-free-things-to-do-with-kids#rCKLd2R3rWIcpu0k.97

https://www.netmums.com/westsussex/local/index/places-to-go/parks

No comments:

Post a Comment