Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Toys Toys Toys & Love

How do you say no to toys, because I can't? I find myself suckered into buying my son a new toy almost every time we are in a shop. This can't be good I know. As parents we love our children so much that we want to give them everything. The joy we get when they're happy, and flash that little smile or give us that little laugh. I'm guilty, and need to not give in so easily. Truth be told, since being a mother, I've gotten into toys too. I like looking at the new remote control cars, and the newest part of a paw patrol collection, knowing that my son would just love it.

In my opinion, spoiling your child is okay, as long as you don't spoil them rotten. Like everything else in life, balance is key. I make sure that my son is behaving well before he gets a new toy. It's essential that he learns how to take care of his things, because what I buy him has value, even if it's minor. I teach my son to be appreciative for all he has, explaining to him that there are thousands of little boys and girls out there who have hardly any toys, and sometimes none at all. His response is always, "Well then I will share my toys or go out and buy them new toys."

I am not the type of mother who will say YES just so the child will be quiet. Of course my son must be on good behaviour, and listen before he is blessed with a new toy. Thinking back, there was a time I did walk into Nickelodeon and then out again empty handed due to naughty behaviour, so I guess I can say NO when it matters most.

I just had a thought while I was writing this blog. What if every time my son gets a new toy, he has to give away an old toy, still in excellent condition, to charity?

I would love to hear your thoughts on how to spoil your child without them becoming spoiled. Is this possible?




No comments:

Post a Comment